Water agency draws fire after filing unusual libel suit
The Central Basin district, facing a raft of investigations, targets authors of a critical email. L.A. County’s D.A. fears action could deter whistle-blowers.
It all started with anonymous emails. The Central Basin Municipal Water District, the emails alleged, was guilty of corruption and double-dealing in awarding a $ 1-million federal grant.
L.A. Times – California | Local News
- Authors of stories promoting water district can’t be found
- Water district taps Google for good coverage
- L.A. County water district plans to freeze rates
- Feud between 2 obscure water agencies costs consumers
- Water district gives millions in contracts to politically connected recipients