City leaders say it would cost more than $ 1 million to comply with request for a massive amount of files. Speaker John Pérez is sponsoring legislation to disband the industrial city.
Vernon officials want Assembly Speaker John Pérez to provide a $ 200,000 deposit before they begin fulfilling a voluminous public records request he submitted as part of his push to have the city disbanded.
- Vernon officials want Assembly speaker to provide $200,000 deposit for records he requested
- Assembly votes to disincorporate Vernon
- Assembly OKs bill to dissolve Vernon
- Bell seeks $4.5 million in former officials’ pensions to ease city’s budget problems
- California Democratic leaders say party must put pressure on Republican districts