The EPA plans to cut $ 10 million in grants it gives annually. Water quality advocates worry that swimmers and surfers will be at even greater risk of illness.
Health testing at beaches in California and across the nation is at risk of being cut under a plan to eliminate federal funds for monitoring whether the water is too contaminated to swim in.
- The energy, and expense, of bringing water to the Southland
- Authors of stories promoting water district can’t be found
- Man dead in mall water fountain
- For water researchers, an atmosphere full of questions
- Water district taps Google for good coverage