Many Asian American families are preparing to grow in the Year of the Dragon, which according to centuries-old tradition is a particularly promising year to have a child.
Taiko and Gemma Chen may not celebrate all 15 days of the lunar new year, nor do they believe they are sweeping away prosperity by cleaning the house. But there is one centuries-old tradition the Asian American couple still swears by: having a baby in the Year of the Dragon, considered the most auspicious year in the 12-year zodiac cycle.
- Camp Pendleton honors 125 Marines and sailors killed in the last year in Afghanistan
- 96-year-old man kills his wife, 81
- Good Samaritan’s act sparks killing of baby
- UC to seek state funds to avoid tuition hike next year
- Mom killed saving baby from train