State program allows those who don’t have the means to prepare their own meals, such as the homeless, to use their benefits at fast-food restaurant. Officials want to teach them to make healthful choices.
Anna Harrald likes to eat at Taco Bell because the hard-shell tacos are “nice and cheap and good.” From KFC and El Pollo Loco, the chicken she stores in a friend’s refrigerator will feed her for days.
- Water district gives millions in contracts to politically connected recipients
- Suit asks state Supreme Court to overturn state action targeting redevelopment agencies
- UC seeks to raise tuition another 10%
- Lawsuit seeks to overturn reduction in Esteban Nuñez sentence
- L.A. teachers union seeks to halt school district initiatives