State retirement system officials are examining whether former City Administrator Robert Rizzo used workers’ comp and disability pensions to pad payments to police chiefs who were being forced out.
The state retirement system has asked Bell to investigate the validity of disability pensions given to at least 10 police officers — including four chiefs — that could bring them millions of dollars in extra benefits.
- Public hospital president’s retirement pay spotlights issue of ‘supplemental’ pensions
- Lawsuit asks state to pay for inmate’s sex-change operation
- Bell seeks $4.5 million in former officials’ pensions to ease city’s budget problems
- Times/USC Dornsife poll: California voters want public employees to help ease state’s financial troubles
- Admission constraints lead Cal State to favor ‘local’ students