L.A. Unified tries to determine why Mark Berndt escaped suspicion for years as former students recount previous complaints. Detectives say inquiry moved slowly due to sensitive subject.
The Los Angeles Unified School District launched an internal investigation to determine how a teacher accused of bizarre acts of lewd conduct against the students in his classroom escaped suspicion for so long.
- City expands probe into corruption allegations at building agency
- High school physics teacher perfects the formula for inspiring students
- LAUSD faces suit linking teacher ratings to student performance
- For water researchers, an atmosphere full of questions
- LAPD launches formal probe into allegations of intimidation in police gang units