Downtown San Francisco train stations and a swath of busy Market Street close as followers of the ‘hacktivist’ group Anonymous protest alleged police brutality. No arrests or injuries have been reported.
Law enforcement and transit officials shut down four downtown San Francisco train stations and closed a swath of busy Market Street during the height of the evening commute Monday in response to a noisy protest.
- TV, radio stations put pedal to the metal on Carmageddon coverage
- Riot police respond to rowdy film crowd in Hollywood
- Greenpeace stages protest at Mattel office over Barbie packaging
- Hundreds protest Fullerton man’s death, call for release of video
- Urban pioneers become part of the city’s fabric