Brinda Sue McCoy, the wife of the Oceanside police chief, faces up to 30 years in prison. She will be sentenced Sept. 10.
A police chief’s wife who claimed she was in a suicidal spiral after drinking martinis and taking prescription medicine was convicted Monday of firing her husband’s service weapon toward officers who had swarmed her Orange County neighborhood after she barricaded herself in the family home.
- Marine pleads not guilty in the killing of another Marine’s wife
- Ex-LAPD detective found guilty of killing romantic rival in 1986
- Oceanside police chief’s wife tells of standoff with Cypress police
- Two Fullerton police officers charged in homeless man’s death
- Deputy tortured, mutilated wife, her lover, police say