The L.A. restaurant announces it will raise the price of a cup o’ joe to 45 cents on Feb. 2 because of the rising cost of its supply. Customers of the French dip palace wonder what took so long.
Philippe’s is best known for its legendary French dip sandwiches. But for regulars, nothing speaks to the eatery’s historic L.A. feel than the 9-cent coffee on the menu. And the 1 extra cent of tax.
- He dresses up history and his students like the fit
- Lesbian beauty contest finalist make history
- Lesbian beauty contestants make history
- Shadow boxes shed light on African American history
- Charter school leader Vielka McFarlane brings personal history, passion to education