Restored artwork, artifacts and documents are on display as a preservation effort that has already raised millions of dollars at the Orange County mission.
The crucifix has a bullet wound.
- Archeologists find trove of relics at Ventura Mission site
- Carmageddon: ‘Mission accomplished,’ says Villaraigosa as 405 Freeway reopens early
- Juno’s Jupiter mission may yield clues to Earth’s origins
- Republicans promote Costa Mesa as a pension-slashing leader
- Orange County remains a bastion of conservative family values