Divorce could cost more than the Dodgers pay any current player. Jamie McCourt has already spent $ 11.2 million; Frank McCourt $ 9.4 million. Projections are that they could each spend $ 7 million more.
Frank and Jamie McCourt could pay more in divorce bills than the Dodgers pay any of their players, as the legal costs mount in what might well be the costliest split in state history.
- Bankruptcy judge clears way for $150-million loan to Dodgers
- Bud Selig rejects Dodgers TV contract, nullifying McCourt divorce deal
- In filing for bankruptcy, Dodgers will ask judge to override MLB rules
- Death penalty costs California $184 million a year, study says
- Ministers write letter of support for Frank McCourt