The Encino park is one of 70 targeted for closure as part of California budget cuts. Fans are dismayed.
Its buildings have survived droughts and earthquakes. But now Los Encinos State Historic Park faces another kind of hardship: state budget cuts.
- L.A.’s historic 1st Street bridge reopens after 3-year closure
- L.A. faces $72-million budget shortfall
- Second round of tuition hikes likely at UC and Cal State systems
- Closure of historic temple in Fresno dismays Japanese American community
- California Democrats pass budget with taxes, cuts and tricks