School officials hope to set the table with healthful food that students will actually eat.
It’s a reform effort years in the making in the nation’s second-largest school system. Only this one is being carried out around a group of tables at the district’s massive kitchen, where the executive chef is serving his latest creations to several dozen teenagers.
- Tough decisions lie ahead for Los Angeles Unified schools
- Los Angeles Unified is Academic Decathlon’s star student
- Irrigation districts seek closure of commercial salmon season off California, Oregon
- Voting districts finalized and face immediate challenges
- L.A. politicians will still have final say over local districts