Los Angeles Unified is Academic Decathlon’s star student
The nation’s troubled second-largest school system doesn’t get a lot of respect — except when it comes to the Academic Decathlon.
It’s not often that schools across the country look with envy at Los Angeles’ public schools, where monumental budget woes, potential widespread teacher layoffs and a long list of hurdles confront the sprawling, diverse school system.
L.A. Times – California | Local News
- Los Angeles Times wins 2 Pulitzer Prizes
- Obama’s visit expected to cause traffic delays in Los Angeles
- 42 furlough days ordered for L.A. workers who rejected labor deal
- Jerry Brown falls short on union contracts
- Times/USC Dornsife poll: Californians support tax hikes to help close budget gap