With financial support from Measure R, a voter-approved sales tax, the Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s proposed $ 4.15-billion budget could pay for planning or construction for roughly a dozen lines.
While many agencies are cutting back, Los Angeles’ aggressive rail expansion is picking up steam.
- MTA plans security upgrades on rail lines
- Interim director of the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services quits over dispute with county supervisors
- High-speed rail planners revive Grapevine route
- Leimert Park deserves a light-rail station
- Los Angeles Times wins 2 Pulitzer Prizes