The district says solvents and other chemicals seeped from city-owned land onto the Taylor Yard campus, which is nearing completion.
Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa has been a constant salesman on the topic of public schools, pushing for reforms, helping elect new school board members and raising millions of dollars for local campuses.
- Los Angeles Unified is Academic Decathlon’s star student
- Public hospital president’s retirement pay spotlights issue of ‘supplemental’ pensions
- Interim director of the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services quits over dispute with county supervisors
- Mystery illness at Playboy Mansion linked to bacterium that causes Legionnaires disease
- Assembly votes to disincorporate Vernon