In closing arguments in Stephanie Lazarus’ trial, a prosecutor leads jurors through ‘the overwhelming evidence of guilt’ against her. Lazarus faces life in prison if convicted in the 1986 death of Sherri Rasmussen, the wife of Lazarus’ former boyfriend.
Prosecutors in the murder trial of former LAPD Det. Stephanie Lazarus made their closing argument Monday, and Lazarus’ attorney delivered much of his, leaving jurors to mull over conflicting interpretations of testimony and evidence on which the detective’s fate hinges.
- A broken heart led LAPD officer to kill woman, prosecutor says
- Jury selection to start in LAPD detective’s slaying case
- Love triangle detailed in ex-LAPD officer’s murder trial
- Ex-LAPD detective charged in alleged real estate scam
- Mistrial declared in slaying of gay Oxnard teen