Three volunteers at Men’s Central Jail in Los Angeles say in sworn declarations that sheriff’s deputies abused inmates and that supervisors failed to take reports of the beatings seriously.
Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputies brutalized inmates on multiple occasions and their supervisors failed to take complaints of the abuse seriously, according to sworn declarations from two chaplains and a Hollywood producer who volunteered in the jails .
- Half of L.A. County deputies’ ‘waistband shootings’ involve unarmed people
- Report details misconduct by L.A. County sheriff’s deputies
- San Bernardino County man dies after deputies use Taser to subdue him
- L.A. County Sheriff Lee Baca can be sued for jail violence, court rules
- 5 suspected of trying to smuggle drugs into L.A. County Jail