Atheists win a majority of exhibit spots in a city park, displacing most of the traditional Nativity scenes, as the nation’s annual tussle over religious displays on public land heats up.
In a sunny park overlooking the beach in Santa Monica, where a cool breeze blows in from the Pacific, the so-called war over Christmas has found its latest battlefield.
- Battle over Santa Monica Airport’s future revs up
- Male circumcision opponents propose ballot measure in Santa Monica
- John Travolta’s vintage Mercedes stolen in Santa Monica
- Family reluctantly gives up its hold on Santa Rosa Island
- Atheists take over nativity scene space