Frank McCourt hopes to secure a $ 150-million loan to meet payroll, retain control of the team and hold an auction for TV rights. The league plans to present an alternate plan and may attempt to strip McCourt of his franchise rights.
The Dodgers have filed for bankruptcy protection, a bid by Frank McCourt to preserve his ownership of the team by prodding a judge to override the rules of Major League Baseball.
- Gay judge wasn’t required to remove himself from same-sex marriage case, U.S. judge rules
- Defense of Marriage Act called unconstitutional by bankruptcy judge
- Bud Selig rejects Dodgers TV contract, nullifying McCourt divorce deal
- Former Rangers president agrees to oversee Dodgers
- Crystal Cathedral to be sold as a way to exit Chapter 11 bankruptcy