The House Ethics Committee calls for Long Beach Democratic Rep. Laura Richardson’s reprimand for violations such as improper staff and resource use. A rare yes vote could further harm her campaign.
WASHINGTON — She reportedly made congressional staffers work on her campaign into the night — and when one asked to go home at 8 p.m., she ordered that person to make more phone calls. Staffers described her as verbally abusive and intimidating. And she used taxpayer money when planning a political fundraiser called “Democratic Idol,” featuring members of Congress singing karaoke.
- Long Beach to consider upscale redevelopment of coastal hotel
- Long Beach rejects coastal hotel development project
- Long Beach City College tries an alternative to placement tests
- World Famous VIP Records in Long Beach struggles to stay relevant
- Sherman campaign seeks review of hire by rival Berman’s ‘super Pac’