‘The Intouchables,’ a comedy about a quadriplegic, white Parisian millionaire who hires a black Senegalese troublemaker as his attendant, has taken in some $ 340 million outside the U.S.
The meteoric performance of”The Avengers”has been the buzz of Hollywood in recent weeks, with the superhero film zooming to more than $ 1 billion in worldwide receipts in just 19 days. But the real box-office shocker of the season features no comic book crusaders, aliens or computerized special effects.
- Movie director’s son dead of drug overdose
- No solid leads in disappearance of movie executive
- California has $2 billion in unexpected tax revenue
- LAPD officer who cracked ‘bling ring’ case has advised on movie
- Brown tax hike plan may bring in less than estimated