The Vails’ former ranch, now part of Channel Islands National Park, is no longer a home for cattle, cowboys or adventurous children. And now the family’s last link to the place is being severed.
For the family that once owned Santa Rosa Island, it was part Zane Grey, part “Robinson Crusoe.”
- Family of missing nursing student continues to hold out hope
- An ex-Beatle wife brings the Age of Aquarius back to Catalina Island
- Bay Area island to be restored as marshland
- Battle over Santa Monica Airport’s future revs up
- Male circumcision opponents propose ballot measure in Santa Monica