Despite the sense of unease over the charges involving a 14-year-old girl, the close-knit community rallies around the memory of Andrew Bourne, a popular surgeon.
Dr. Andrew Bourne seemed to have it all: A loving family, a successful surgical practice in Mammoth Lakes, a mountain home where he could ski with friends or plunge into the wild with his dog, Oreo. He even had time to volunteer; he served on the local school board and last year organized his sixth foreign medical mission, this one to an impoverished town in Mexico.
- San Diego family’s death may be a murder-suicide
- California medical board fails to discipline 710 troubled doctors
- Woman selling ‘suicide kits’ reignites right-to-die debate
- 4 dead in apparent murder-suicide in San Diego area
- San Diego’s Plunge falls on hard times