Breathtaking premium hikes have prompted California’s new insurance commissioner to sponsor a bill that would require medical insurers to get state approval before increasing rates.
Auto and homeowner insurance premiums have been regulated by the state of California for two decades. Maybe it’s time that healthcare premiums are too.
- California agencies lent millions to employees who never repaid
- Defendant marries alleged victim in statutory rape case
- Spate of California bills address misuse of taxpayer money
- New contract for California prison guards lifts cap on saved vacation
- California orders audit of Montebello finances