But skepticism about how lawmakers would use the money could derail the governor’s plan, and winning over independents is key, poll finds.
- Times/USC Dornsife poll: Californians support tax hikes to help close budget gap
- Gov. Jerry Brown not giving up on tax hikes to help California budget
- California voters see some bright spots in grim budget
- Times/USC Dornsife poll: California voters want public employees to help ease state’s financial troubles
- Schwarzenegger’s popularity among voters continues to slide