Auditor for state Controller John Chiang tells L.A. Community College District trustees that an independent investigation is needed into whether an inspector general was improperly hired.
State auditors have urged the Los Angeles Community College District to seek a criminal investigation into allegations that the selection of an inspector general to police the district’s troubled construction program was rigged.
- California audit criticizes L.A. community college building program
- Scott Svonkin appears to have defeated Lydia Gutierrez for L.A. Community College Board seat
- Computer errors let violent California prisoners go free
- UC seeks to raise tuition another 10%
- Lawsuit seeks to overturn reduction in Esteban Nuñez sentence