Bay Area crowds see battleship Iowa off on final voyage
The World War II vessel passes beneath the Golden Gate Bridge, which is marking its 75th birthday, on its way to San Pedro, where it will become a museum.
It was a stirring sight in World War II: the biggest U.S. battleship ever built passing slowly beneath the Golden Gate Bridge and into the Pacific, bound for battle.
L.A. Times – California | Local News
- Outside courthouse, crowds dance, cry
- Occupy protests bring small yet intense crowds to state campuses
- Park service to thin out Yosemite’s growing crowds — of trees
- Wishing for the right to make that final exit
- Quite a final act for these drama students