Officials say they acted out of a concern for public safety, but not everyone is pleased with the decision.
No one is exactly sure how a mountain lion roamed into the heart of Santa Monica on Tuesday morning, coming face to face with the janitor of an office complex not far from the city’s bustling shopping district.
- Battle over Santa Monica Airport’s future revs up
- Couple arrested in 2008 slaying in Santa Monica
- John Travolta’s vintage Mercedes stolen in Santa Monica
- In Santa Monica, battle over Christmas displays takes a new twist
- Male circumcision opponents propose ballot measure in Santa Monica