Although his family had urged him to go to college rather than the Army, he was determined. ‘He knew what he was getting himself into … but he didn’t doubt his actions for a second,’ his wife says.
Laura Acosta fondly remembers hunting with her older brother when they were younger, snowboarding in Mammoth and biking together in the Eastern Sierra.
- Marine killed by explosion in Afghanistan
- Camp Pendleton honors 125 Marines and sailors killed in the last year in Afghanistan
- Group swiftly gets crucial supplies to troops in Afghanistan
- DNA key in case against Ocampo, D.A. says
- LAX bomb plotter’s sentence in 2005 overturned