Brandon McInerney’s lawyers say Ventura County Superior Court Judge Charles Campbell exhibits pro-prosecution bias in his rulings in the slaying of gay student Larry King.
Court closed dramatically in the Brandon McInerney homicide trial Thursday after the youth’s defense attorneys sought to have Ventura County Superior Court Judge Charles Campbell thrown off the case for alleged pro-prosecution bias.
- Gay judge wasn’t required to remove himself from same-sex marriage case, U.S. judge rules
- Defense of Marriage Act called unconstitutional by bankruptcy judge
- Husband is found guilty of arranging estranged wife’s slaying in Century City
- Oxnard school’s handling of gay student’s behavior comes under scrutiny
- Judge appears skeptical over throwing out Prop. 8 ruling because of jurist’s sexuality