Local, state and federal officials reach the settlement with the owners and operators of the container ship Cosco Busan, which spilled 53,000 gallons of oil after striking the Bay Bridge in heavy fog in 2007.
Local, state and federal officials on Monday announced a $ 44.4-million civil settlement with the owners and operators of a container ship that spilled 53,000 gallons of oil after striking the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge in heavy fog.
- $44.4-million settlement reached in San Francisco Bay oil spill
- A San Francisco plant once thought extinct is still hanging on
- San Francisco may bar employers, landlords from asking about arrests, convictions
- If work goes smoothly, 405 Freeway could reopen early
- When it comes to amenities, San Francisco airport soars above the competition